There’s nothing quite like the heavenly feeling you get after eating a delicious slice of cake. If you want that excitement during dessert time, check out this No Fuss Easy Strawberry Crunch Cake. You would be surprised at how much you would love this cake!
Why Are People Lovin’ It?
If we are being serious, there are a couple of reasons why people dig this No Fuss Easy Strawberry Crunch Cake.
The Flavors: Sweet, A Little Tarty, And Everything In Between
If you’re seeing a pretty cake, you would probably assume the taste would be immaculate. Well, that seems to be the case with this Strawberry Crunch cake. It’s a combination of all these flavors that you love in a cake. It’s a given that a cake is sweet, but that little tartiness and acidic flavors from the strawberries makes it even better. And there’s the creaminess of the cream cheese layer! There’s just a great balance between the ingredients of this cake!
The Textures, Baby
You would know it offers many different textures just by looking. You have the moistness from the cake layers, the crunchiness of the toppings, and everything else in between. You can never call this a bland, basic cake ever!
Perfect For All Seasons, All Occasions
Whatever the season is, you can always make and have this cake! It’s easy to get all the ingredients from your local supermarket. You can always trust this recipe if you’re thinking of what cake to bake!
What Are The Ingredients And Equipment I Need?
If you are considering baking this cake, here are the essential ingredients that you need to pick up:
- Cake Mix (White or Strawberry)
- Unsalted Butter
- Cream Cheese
- All Purpose Flour
- Vanilla Extract
- Strawberry Jello
- Six Eggs
- Heavy Cream
- Powdered Sugar
You can’t possibly bake this cake without these important baking equipment:
- Mixing Bowl
- Electric Mixer
- Tin Pan
- Cake Pans
Can You Tell Me How To Make This No Fuss Easy Strawberry Crunch Cake?
If you’re ready to make this cake, then there’s no better time than now! Here’s how you do it:
1. Making The Buttercream Frosting
In a mixing bowl, add four sticks of unsalted butter. Take an electric mixer, turn it on, and start beating the butter in the bowl. Once you have beaten the butter for about three minutes, add the powdered sugar gradually and mix again.
When the buttercream looks ready, add some vanilla extract. If you feel like the mixture is too thick, you just need to add a little bit of milk. Set this mixing bowl aside and move on to the next process.
2. Mixing The Cheesecake Layer
This Strawberry Crunch Cake has a cheesecake layer. Add cream cheese, cornstarch, and heavy cream in a new mixing bowl. Mix all these using the electric mixer. Take three eggs and add them one at a time into the bowl.
Once the eggs have been incorporated into the mixture, put in the sugar and vanilla extract. You can reduce the amount of sugar, depending on how sweet you want the cheesecake layer to be.
3. Baking The Cheesecake
When everything has been mixed in the bowl, it’s time to bake the cheesecake. Take your baking pan out, spray it with cooking spray, and line it with wax paper. Prepare to pour your cheesecake mix into the pan and put it in the oven.
The cheesecake will bake for about 40 to 50 minutes in a 350°F or 117°C oven. In the bottom layer of the oven, put another pan with water to keep the cheesecake moist, smooth, and crack-free.
After the cheesecake bakes, take it out of the oven and let it cool. If you prefer, you can bake your cheesecake a day before making the Strawberry Crunch Cake.
4. More Cake Layers
The cheesecake later will be sandwiched in two other cake layers. You can use a store-bought cake mix. The strawberry flavor is preferred, but if it’s not available, the white one will do.
In this step, you will be needing another mixing bowl. Pour the contents of the cake mix, and add a pack of strawberry jello, all-purpose flour, milk, and eggs. Mix them all until all of the ingredients are combined.
5. Baking Your Two Cakes
Since you need two layers of cake, you need to use two cake pans. Don’t forget to spray the pan and use wax paper again. Bake these two cakes in a 350°F or 117°C oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Once the cakes are ready, take them out of the oven and let them cool.
6. Assembling The Cake
The No Fuss Easy Strawberry Crunch Cake is slowly coming together. Take a round piece of cardboard and place it on the cake stand. Take one cake layer, add the buttercream you made earlier, and spread it until the top part is covered.
Add the cheesecake baked earlier as another later. Once the cheesecake has settled, take some of the buttercream again and spread it around. There’s a third layer that needs to be included before finishing off this cake. Add that one in and cover the whole thing with the buttercream. Use a cake scraper to smoothen the frosting.
7. Adding The Crunchy Bits
The Crunchy factor of this cake is courtesy of the Strawberry Crumble prepared before. This requires adding butter, vanilla jello, and flour in a bowl. Mix all these with a fork until it resembles sand.
Repeat the process, but this time around, use strawberry jello to give the crumble a pink color. Combine the two types of crumbles on a baking sheet.
Put the sheet in the oven and bake for about 8 minutes. Leave it to cool off for 20 to 30 minutes, and then crumble it. Start covering the whole cake with the strawberry and vanilla crumble.
8. Finishing Touches
Using a piping bag, decorate the No Fuss Easy Strawberry Cake with the remaining buttercream frosting. And to add something extra to the cake, add strawberries for toppings and strawberry glaze for color. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_AYaNO2U3I
Are There Any No Fuss Easy Strawberry Cake I Should Know About?
If you want to bake this No Fuss Easy Strawberry Crunch Cake successfully, here are some things you should remember:
- Use Freeze- Dried Strawberries: While you can still use fresh strawberries, they can come off too moist or soft. Since you are making a crunchy cake, that extra crunch from the freeze-dried strawberries would be great! Despite these berries being freeze-dried, they are still fresh and nutritious!
- Keep In The Fridge After Eating: Eating this entire cake in one sitting might be overwhelming. You can always put it in an airtight container and store it in your freezer for about a week or two.
What Are Some Of The FAQs About This Cake?
There might be some questions boggling your mind about this cake recipe. So without further adieu, here are some answers to tide you over.
- When Should I Make The Crunchy Strawberry Topping: You can make the crumble ahead of time. It could be a day or two or whenever you can. You can even prepare it while waiting for the cakes to bake.
- How Do I Keep No Fuss Easy Strawberry Cake Moist: When making the cake batter, don’t overmix it. It would make it dense, leaving you with a dry cake instead.
You Can Never Go Wrong With A Strawberry Crunch Cake
It takes a lot of effort to make this cake. However, the No Fuss Easy Strawberry Cake is not that hard to make as long as you follow all the instructions. By the end of the baking session, you will reap the fruits of your labor through the fantastic cake you have made!
No Fuss Easy Easy Strawberry Crunch Cake RecipeCourse: RecipesCuisine: Dessert
Go Very Berry With The No Fuss Easy Strawberry Crunch Cake!
One Box Cake Mix (Vanilla or Strawberry)
4 Sticks Butter (Unsalted)
2 Cups Cream Cheese (about 16 ounces)
Strawberry Jello Pack
4 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Oil
1 to 1 ½ Cup Sugar
½ Cup Heavy Cream
4 Cups Powdered Sugar
½ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- Using an electric mixer, beat four sticks of unsalted butter in a mixing bowl.
- Pour powdered sugar into the butter and mix again.
- Drop a few vanilla extracts into the mixture and use the electric mixer again.
- Set this buttercream mixture aside. You will use it later.
- Prepare the cheesecake layer by mixing ¼ cup cornstarch, two cups cream cheese, and whipping cream in one bowl.
- Gradually add three eggs to the bowl and mix again.
- Add 1 to 1 ½ cups of sugar and vanilla extract to the cheesecake batter. Adjust if you want to reduce the sweetness.
- Use cooking spray to coat the bottom of a round baking pan. Cut wax paper into a circle and put that in the pan.
- Prepare cheesecake for baking by pouring batter into the pan.
- Fill a 10-inch pan with water for Bain Marie and put it in the bottom layer of the oven.
- Turn the oven’s heat to 350°F and bake the cheesecake for around 40 to 50 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven when cooked. Let it rest.
- Bake two other cake layers using strawberry cake mix.
- Get a mixing bowl, and add the cake mix and other ingredients, such as one pack of Strawberry Jell-o, one cup of oil, one cup of milk, and half a cup of all-purpose flour. Add three eggs to the mix and start beating.
- Pour the strawberry cake batter into two round baking pans.
- Let these cakes bake for 25 to 30 minutes, then remove them from the oven.
- Let the two strawberry cakes rest, and then prepare to frost.
- Assemble all the cake layers, starting with one strawberry cake.
- Place strawberry cake on the cake stand and spread some buttercream on top of it.
- Take the cheesecake layer, and put it on top of the buttercream frosting-covered strawberry cake.
- Cover the cheesecake with buttercream as well.