This creamy Tuscan chicken recipe will be your favorite all-time ultimate dinner with your family and friends. Serve with potatoes, pasta, and slices of bread that you can dip in its creamy sauce, and this dish will undoubtedly be your crowd-pleaser.
Even if this recipe has a few calories, the tastiness and creaminess of its sauce will make your mouth water!
Why This Recipe Works/ Why We Like This Recipe
- The ingredients used for this recipe are easy to find in every supermarket near you. This recipe is easy to put together, and the steps are easy to follow, that does not consume a lot of time
- This dish is superb and a crowd-pleaser. The tastiness of the food can tickle your stomach to want more.
- Its sauce is flavorful and creamy! It might contain a small number of calories, but this recipe has more nutritional benefits and goodies where you can enjoy the food without thinking about your diet.
This dish will be a great meal if you do not know what food to serve during dinner or any day meal!
What You Will Need
- Chicken breasts
- Heavy cream
- Parmesan Cheese
- Baby Spinach
- Plain all-purpose flour
- Olive Oil
- Dried paprika
- Dried thyme
- Dried Oregano
- Garlic salt
- Ground black pepper
- Brown onion
- Dried tomatoes
- Red bell pepper
- Tomato puree (paste)
- White wine
- Chicken stock (use bouillon for gluten-free)
- Frying Pan
How to Make Creamy Tuscan Chicken Recipe
After preparing all the ingredients and equipment, let’s now start cooking!
Step 1. Pre-heating the Oven
Start by pre-heating your oven to 160 degrees Celsius or 320 Fahrenheit. After this, crack an egg in a bowl and whisk it.
Step 2. Mixing dry ingredients
Put the plain all-purpose flour in a separate bowl, then add salt and garlic salt. Throw in some thyme, paprika, black pepper, and oregano, and mix them all.
Step 3. Coating the Chicken
Add olive oil to the heated large frying pan on medium to high heat. Get the chicken breast, dip it in the egg, and then drop it on the mixed dried ingredients.
Step 4. Fry the Chicken
You can now put the chicken in the pan and fry both sides. Wait for it until it turns golden. Once all the chicken turns golden, place it on a tray and put it inside the oven for 10 minutes.
Step 5. Making the Sauce
On the same frying pan where you cooked your chicken, add olive oil and heat it over medium to high heat. Add the sliced onion to the pan for about 3 to 4 minutes and stir fry until it softens.
Step 6. Add More Ingredients
Add minced garlic, oregano, paprika, dried tomatoes, red bell pepper, and tomato paste. Stir it gently for 2 minutes.
After 2 minutes, pour now the white wine and allow it to bubble for two minutes before pouring the chicken broth.
Step 7. Let it simmer
Add a pinch of salt and pepper and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Add heavy cream, grated parmesan cheese, and spinach. Stir them all together and wait for them to cook for a couple of minutes until the spinach wilts.
Step 8. Serving
Get your chicken out of the oven and ensure it is cooked inside. Add your chicken to the sauce and cook it for a couple of minutes.
Now serve it with your family!
Note: You can add parsley on top, but it is also optional. You can skip this part and serve the dish to your family without parsley.
Tips and Tricks
- Always use different hands-on wet and dry mixtures when dipping the chicken to avoid being messy.
- No need to worry if your chicken is not yet cooked once you are done frying. You will put it in the oven after.
- Go easy on spinach when you add it. It can wilt fast and looks unappetizing if you stir it too quickly.
- Do not forget to check the sauce; creating this sauce is easy, but if you do not focus on doing this, your dish will not be the same without its sauce.
- If unsure whether the chicken is cooked inside after cooking it in the oven, you can cut the chicken breast in half to check if the inside is cooked. If it is still pink, put it again in the oven and cook it for 3 to 5 minutes.
What is Tuscan Chicken?
Tuscan Chicken is a dish that originated in Tuscany, Italy. The main ingredients are chicken breast and parmesan sauce.
Can I cook this using oven?
You can put the chicken after frying in the oven to cook it thoroughly, but you still need to make the sauce on the stovetop. After baking the chicken, you can add it to the sauce.
What spinach should I use?
The spinach that would fit best on this meal is Baby Spinach since this leaf does not taste more, unlike others. Baby Spinach wilts quickly while cooking the sauce and is perfect for pick kids who do not eat veggies.
The Creamy Tuscan Chicken recipe is a recipe that is easy to put together, and you will love it on the first bite!
You can pair this dish with pasta, mashed potato, and rice for an easy dinner with your family! We hope we helped you create a new meal for your family. Check out our other posts if you want to know more dishes to cook!
Creamy Tuscan Chicken Recipe (Pictures and Video)Course: Recipes
Easy Tuscan chicken recipe, an ultimate food dish with your family!
1/2 tsp dried paprika
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
4 chicken breasts
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp garlic salt
2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
3 tbsp olive oil
1 white onion peeled and sliced
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp paprika
1 red bell pepper de-seeded and sliced
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato puree (paste)
1 cup chicken stock
pinch of salt and pepper
1/3 cup white wine
1/3 cup double (heavy) cream
1/2 packed cup parmesan cheese grated
3 packed cups fresh baby spinach
1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Pre-heat the oven and whisk an egg.
- Create a dry mix by mixing all-purpose flour, salt, garlic, thyme, paprika, black pepper, and oregano.
- Add olive oil to the heated frying pan, then coat the chicken breast with the dried ingredients.
- Fry the chicken and wait for it to turn golden brown. Do it to all of the coated chicken breasts. Once golden, put it in the oven and wait for it to cook for 10 minutes
- Add olive oil to the same frying pan, then add onion to the pan and stir fry the onion until it becomes soft.
- Add garlic, oregano, paprika, dried tomatoes, red bell pepper, and tomato paste. Gently stir it for 2 minutes, add white wine, and wait for it to bubble after adding the chicken broth.
- Add salt and pepper and let it simmer for 5 minutes before adding heavy cream, grated parmesan cheese, and spinach. Mix them gently and wait for the spinach to wilt.
- Get the chicken from the oven and check if the inside is cooked. Add it to the sauce and let it cook for a couple of minutes.